Made in a Fair Trade Certified™ facility, our neoprene-free Yulex® wetsuits are warm and stretchy 85% natural rubber/15% synthetic rubber by polymer content. Replacing a petroleum-based material with a plant-based one, they offer the same performance attributes as conventional stretch neoprene while reducing CO2 emissions by up to ~80% in the manufacturing process. Derived from sources that are Forest Stewardship Council® certified by the Rainforest Alliance, we blend the natural rubber with chlorine-free synthetic rubber to increase ozone- and UV-resistance and meet our rigorous standards for strength and durability. Patterned for maximum flexibility and an improved fit, the R4® Yulex® Front-Zip Hooded Full Suit is 5.5mm in the torso and thighs (hood: 3.5mm), lined with high-stretch, fast-drying 95% polyester (51% recycled) /5% spandex inverted microgrid; 4mm in the arms and legs, lined with high-stretch, fast-drying 100% recycled polyester jersey; the face fabric is 85% recycled polyester/15% spandex. The face fabric and lining are now solution-dyed—saving 100 liters of water per suit compared to conventional dyeing—and are laminated with water-based AquaA™ glue that’s free from harmful volatile organic compounds (VOCs). The suit’s floating front-zip entry features a corrosion-proof zipper and asymmetrical flap for better seal, and the Salmi® zipper is fully replaceable to extend the suit’s lifespan. Supratex kneepads and ankle cuffs provide excellent abrasion resistance and increased durability. 100% external seam sealing; all seams are triple glued and internally taped. Adjustable hood opening has cord lock for custom fit. Easy-access key loop included. Suggested water temperatures: 3–9° C.
- Made with neoprene-free 85% Yulex® natural rubber/15% synthetic rubber (by polymer content) that meets our rigorous standards for performance, durability, warmth and sustainability; the natural rubber is derived from sources that are Forest Stewardship Council® certified by the Rainforest Alliance; the synthetic rubber is chlorine-free; Fair Trade Certified™ sewn
- Torso/thighs/hood have solution-dyed 95% polyester (51% recycled)/5% spandex inverted microgrid thermal lining that minimizes weight, dries fast and offers excellent flexibility
- Solution-dyed, high-stretch 100% recycled polyester jersey lining in the arms/legs improves flexibility and dry time; solution-dyed exterior face fabric made with 85% recycled polyester/15% spandex is durable, stretchy and water-resistant; lining and face fabric laminated with solvent-free AquaA™ glue
- 100% external seam sealing; all seams are triple-glued and internally taped
- Supratex kneepads and ankle cuffs for maximum durability and anatomic fit
- Floating, asymmetrical front-zip with corrosion-proof Salmi® zipper provides better seal and extends suit’s lifespan; unlike other designs, zipper is replaceable
- Adjustable hood opening with cord lock and easy-access key loop
- 1,406 g (49.6 oz)
- Torso/thighs: 5.5mm (hood: 3.5mm) 85% Yulex® natural rubber/15% synthetic rubber by polymer content, lined with 95% polyester (51% recycled)/5% spandex inverted microgrid.
- Arms/legs: 4mm 85% Yulex natural rubber/15% synthetic rubber by polymer content, lined with high-stretch 100% recycled polyester jersey.
- Exterior face: 85% recycled polyester/15% spandex.
- Natural rubber is from sources that are Forest Stewardship Council® certified by the Rainforest Alliance.
- Fair Trade Certified™ sewn